Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Your feelings on religion?

Poll

Are you religious?

[ 1 ]
    Your feelings on religion?  Vote_lcap25%Your feelings on religion?  Vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Your feelings on religion?  Vote_lcap0%Your feelings on religion?  Vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Your feelings on religion?  Vote_lcap75%Your feelings on religion?  Vote_rcap [75%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 4

Your feelings on religion?  Empty Your feelings on religion?

Post by Skye Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Do you consider yourself a religious person?
    Do you like religion?
    Why or why not?
    Mycathashandles
    Mycathashandles
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 3

Your feelings on religion?  Empty Re: Your feelings on religion?

Post by Mycathashandles Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm

i would say that im not religeouse at all...i cant even spell it. anywhooo, i did go through all the requirements or whatever its called to be an adult in the catholic church like communion, conformation, baptism, all that jazz. I went to sunday school for about 9 years also. still i never really thought of myself as someone who believed all the beliefs and stories or even a higher being. my family is somewhat religouse, we say prayers sometimes before dinner, we times go to church (usually on a holiday).

personally, if used correctly, i belive religeon does lots of great things for people. gives them hope when times are tough, lets them take a step back and see things in the bigger picture. Also alot of the morals coming from all types of religeon i feel. it kinda sucks though when people do good things just for their relegieon and not becuase its what a good person would do.
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

Post by Skye Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Mycathashandles wrote:i would say that im not religeouse at all...i cant even spell it. anywhooo, i did go through all the requirements or whatever its called to be an adult in the catholic church like communion, conformation, baptism, all that jazz. I went to sunday school for about 9 years also. still i never really thought of myself as someone who believed all the beliefs and stories or even a higher being. my family is somewhat religouse, we say prayers sometimes before dinner, we times go to church (usually on a holiday).

personally, if used correctly, i belive religeon does lots of great things for people. gives them hope when times are tough, lets them take a step back and see things in the bigger picture. Also alot of the morals coming from all types of religeon i feel. it kinda sucks though when people do good things just for their relegieon and not becuase its what a good person would do.
    A+ spelling sam education

I think religion can do good things for people....though I don't think we should aim for more religious societies. Hope is a nice thing, though it itself doesn't change the world for the better. You know like in the serpents pass episode of avatar the last airbender....Aang says the monks used to say hope was nothing but a distraction. I don't know if I think it's good that religion is used to distract people from the real world, by sugar coating reality, though reality can suck hard so it's understandable.

I think the only thing religion can give that anything else doesn't give is hope, because it relies so heavily on faith. Though all the other good stuff like morals and feeling included in a group, that can all be obtained without religion.

At the rate of things religion is slowly dying catblood
    mrsdwyer
    mrsdwyer
    Silly Goose

Brain Rep : 2

Post by mrsdwyer Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:12 pm

The poll asks for us to vote either "extremely," "somewhat" or "not at all."  It's important to note that you can have extremely strong faith, but not be an EXTREMIST.  distho
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

Post by Skye Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm

mrsdwyer wrote:The poll asks for us to vote either "extremely," "somewhat" or "not at all."  It's important to note that you can have extremely strong faith, but not be an EXTREMIST.  distho
    You're right catcry I should've made more options.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 pm