Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

    Posts : 51
    Brain Rep : 4
    Join date : 2014-11-07
    Age : 22
    Location : with rats...

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by Skye on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:48 pm

    Things got pretty intense today guys...which I think is a good thing honestly distho

    My opinion is still that there is no way to justify a grown adult hitting a child to teach them right and wrong.


    Disagree...agree....why catumad ?
    carlyrose
    carlyrose
    Silly Goose

    Posts : 6
    Brain Rep : 0
    Join date : 2014-11-10

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Re: Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by carlyrose on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:36 pm

    i agree, hitting/disciplining a child isn't justifiable.. at all. I wouldn't want my child to fear me.. ever..
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

    Posts : 51
    Brain Rep : 4
    Join date : 2014-11-07
    Age : 22
    Location : with rats...

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Re: Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by Skye on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 pm

    carlyrose wrote:i agree, hitting/disciplining  a child isn't justifiable.. at all. I wouldn't want my child to fear me.. ever..  
    I wouldn't either...I think a lot of parents don't see it as fear...but respect.
    I don't those two things should be mixed up though.
    True respect shouldn't involve any kind of fear.

    I also don't understand the statement that parents can't be your friends. Makes it sound like the only reason parents raise children is to make them into perfect law abiding citizens. I would think a large reason as to why a parent would want to have a child is because they want to have a loving relationship with them, filled with care.
    carlyrose
    carlyrose
    Silly Goose

    Posts : 6
    Brain Rep : 0
    Join date : 2014-11-10

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Re: Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by carlyrose on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 pm

    Skye wrote:
    carlyrose wrote:i agree, hitting/disciplining  a child isn't justifiable.. at all. I wouldn't want my child to fear me.. ever..  
    I wouldn't either...I think a lot of parents don't see it as fear...but respect.
    I don't those two things should be mixed up though.
    True respect shouldn't involve any kind of fear.

    I also don't understand the statement that parents can't be your friends. Makes it sound like the only reason parents raise children is to make them into perfect law abiding citizens. I would think a large reason as to why a parent would want to have a child is because they want to have a loving relationship with them, filled with care.

    I dont like that term either, skye. sidenote: i was talking to my parent about it and they don't agree with that either but, because i have like mad ADHD as a child i was really impulsive. Instead of hitting me they'd like grab my arm strongly until i stopped.... a lil random but yeah... i feel like you have to do everyhting you can possibly do to not hurt your children doge distho hurr education
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

    Posts : 51
    Brain Rep : 4
    Join date : 2014-11-07
    Age : 22
    Location : with rats...

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Re: Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by Skye on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:30 pm

    carlyrose wrote:
    Skye wrote:
    carlyrose wrote:i agree, hitting/disciplining  a child isn't justifiable.. at all. I wouldn't want my child to fear me.. ever..  
    I wouldn't either...I think a lot of parents don't see it as fear...but respect.
    I don't those two things should be mixed up though.
    True respect shouldn't involve any kind of fear.

    I also don't understand the statement that parents can't be your friends. Makes it sound like the only reason parents raise children is to make them into perfect law abiding citizens. I would think a large reason as to why a parent would want to have a child is because they want to have a loving relationship with them, filled with care.

    I dont like that term either, skye. sidenote: i was talking to my parent about it and they don't agree with that either but, because i have like mad ADHD as a child i was really impulsive. Instead of hitting me they'd like grab my arm strongly until i stopped.... a lil random but yeah... i feel like you have to do everyhting you can possibly do to not hurt your children doge distho hurr education
    Those emoji's are on point carly.
    Well Carly I agree with your parent...
    The baby has done many impulsive things too, but never have I responded by hitting her. I don't know why people think that hitting somehow the only thing you can do. Maybe they're just more aggresive than me...I can't look at a small child and ever think it's OK to hit them sniff

    Sponsored content

    Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children? Empty Re: Should parents have the right to physically discipline their children?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 am