Possible Question? 1/22/15

Bae_alexander
    Silly Goose

Brain Rep : 1

Possible Question? 1/22/15

Post by Bae_alexander on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Hey guys,

Recently, there has been a case where I live, and I have strong opinions about this topic. The question is derived from a story so I will tell it before I go any further.

There is a boy whose name shall remain anonymous in the off chance I get in trouble for sharing this story. So, we will call this individual Johnny. Johnny is around 19 years old, and was recently involved in a terrible accident where he crashed his motorcycle into the rear of a car. From the accident, Johnny is left paralyzed from the neck down for life. Now, Johnny and his family has received a ton of support from friends, and family, accumulating almost $100,000. With that being said, I have a found it hard for me to sympathize for Johnny because of his choice to ride a motorcycle. A motorcycle, while looks cool and is much faster and agile than a car, is very dangerous to ride for obvious reasons. With this in mind, I believe Johnny should have thought about the consequences before he chose to buy and ride a motorcycle. Since this accident, although a tragic one, was under his control, I don't have any sympathy for him because he chose to ride the motorcycle and accept the possible consequences that come with it.

After hearing this story, what are your thoughts about Johnny's situation, and do you agree or disagree with my thoughts?

We don't have to do this question, and I completely understand if we don't just because it is very long winded and somewhat hard to follow, on top of being very specific. But, if we don't have a question to discuss, I thought this would be a good topic to discuss.
    Skye
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 4

Re: Possible Question? 1/22/15

Post by Skye on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:47 am

Woooah a question!? Nice Alex :3 Thought I was the only one to go on...

I was sick and I'm guessing we didn't discuss this.

I can understand where you're coming from Alex. A motorcycle is a dangerous vehicle. When one agrees they will drive one they should fully accept that crashing can have dire consequences. Thought everyone always like to repeat to themselves, "It won't be me" But for Johnny it was him.

Though cars are also dangerous...the risk of great injury isn't as great as with a motorcycle I think, but where do we draw the line? If one got into a car accident and was paralyzed from the waist down would we say, well they shouldn't have been driving a car? The risk isn't as great, but it's still there.

If Johnny was my son, I'd probably keep repeating in my mind I told him not to ride a motorcycle(cause I would never want my child riding a motorcycle D:)

....though this is in a large way Johnny's fault for riding the motorcycle, I think I do feel sympathy for him. I mean it's sad to hear about anyone being paralyzed. I wish he didn't choose to get on a motorcycle, but he did. So where do we go from here? Do yo know if Johnny regrets riding a motorcycle at all Alex?

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am