Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes?

Lilymm
    Lilymm
    Silly Goose

Brain Rep : 2

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes? Empty If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes?

Post by Lilymm Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 pm

I think that we are afraid to make mistakes simply because we are afraid of being judged. The pressure of our society has impacted us to think that there is no room for inaccuracy. Also I think that even though we might learn and benefit from our mistakes, we worry that our decisions might effect the people we care about.
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 4

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes? Empty Re: If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes?

Post by Skye Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Lilymm wrote:I think that we are afraid to make mistakes simply because we are afraid of being judged. The pressure of our society has impacted us to think that there is no room for inaccuracy. Also I think that even though we might learn and benefit from our mistakes, we worry that our decisions might effect the people we care about.
    Lily, so nice to hear from you catblush

A very beautiful first post, your words flow better than...air

This is actually a very good question(surprise surprise) that many can relate to, and I shall add it to our list of questions! I suppose the height of the risk involved from making a mistake changes a lot. I mean...if I was holding Mr. Lazarro's birthday cake...I really wouldn't want to drop ot, but maybe that's understandable. Though then theres those moments in class when I don't speak up and answer just because I'm afraid of the teacher saying I'm wrong. Even though I'll learn the right answer afterwards, ultimately coming out of the situation having learned as you said! Why do I feel so awful for just being wrong...!? I really agree that society has made us feel there is no room for inaccuracy. Though inaccuracy is what makes us huuuumaaaaan. So we can't be afraid to disappoint others and maybe most importantly ourselves! There's no shame in being wrong, but only in thinking that we must strive for perfection.

In conclusion: we must destroy america murica!

My respect for you has gone up by 2 ducks catumad
    Mycathashandles
    Mycathashandles
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 3

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes? Empty Re: If we learn from our mistakes, why are we so afraid to make mistakes?

Post by Mycathashandles Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:18 pm

i feel sometimes though when you make the same mistake mulitble times, it kinda gives off this feeling that you dont really care. thats why alot of times i am afriad of making mistakes becuase i dont want people to assume that i dont give a fuck becuase sometimes i really care and thats when more mistakes are made. i have no idea where this is going.
    Skye
    Skye
    Security Council

Brain Rep : 4

Post by Skye Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Mycathashandles wrote:i feel sometimes though when you make the same mistake mulitble times, it kinda gives off this feeling that you dont really care. thats why alot of times i am afriad of making mistakes becuase i dont want people to assume that i dont give a fuck becuase sometimes i really care and thats when more mistakes are made. i have no idea where this is going.
    Yo...homie...I feel you on a deep as hell level datass
    People are like, how can you possible keep doing this wrong...
    but sometimes making a mistake one time isn't enough! Sometimes you have to mess up multiple times for something to stick...and then still you can still slip up. I mean because once again, we're only human!! sniff

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am